Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Catching up on my Barr pimpage.

A few stories that need to be covered.

1. Apparently, Tom DeLay's wife has seen the light and intends to vote for Bob.

Tom DeLay will vote for John McCain but the former House Republican leader said his wife, Christine, is planning to vote for Libertarian presidential nominee Bob Barr.

"I'm trying to convince my wife not to do that," the Texas Republican told editors and reporters at The Washington Times on Friday. "She said it publicly yesterday."

I'm not the biggest Tom DeLay fan in the world, and I would say that at least his wife seems to have good judgment, except that statement would naturally be nullified by the fact that she's married to him. However, she seems to have her moments, at least. But she's not the only relative of a corrupt politician who seems to like liberty, as...

2. Hilldog's brother may vote for him, as well.


“If my sister doesn’t end up with the nomination, I gotta take a look at who I’m gonna vote for,” he said.

Horrors.

Does that mean, Fiore asked, Rodham would vote for Republican John McCain?

“I didn’t say that. It could be Bob Barr,” he said, referring to the Libertarian presidential candidate who, as a House member from Georgia, was a prime player in the impeachment of Rodham’s brother-in-law, Bill Clinton).

Then again, she was raised a Republican and was a Goldwater Girl, so this news isn't totally surprising. The limited government instincts look like they're there.

3. Bob Barr in a great interview on Bloomberg TV. Parts one, two, and three.

4. Bob Barr in another great interview on Glenn Beck a few nights ago. Parts one, two, three, four, five, and six.

No comments: